Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Daycare Retro

A fair amount of the books and toys at my daycare are from my childhood (the 1980's) and my youngest brother's (the 1990's).  My dad is quite the packrat and has held onto a lot of our old toys.  Every now and then he brings over a box of random toys.  The kids love it and don't seem to mind at all that they don't know any of the characters.  They say, "Yea!  Pops brought us more toys!"  Then I have to quickly sort them and wash them since they've been in the basement for 20 to 30 years gathering dust.  Here are some of our retro items:

These are my Lonely Doll books from my childhood
(but they were actually published in the late 1950's)

More books from my childhood

Books from Ryan's childhood

Weird little monster guys from Ryan's childhood

Ewok battering ram (Return of the Jedi)

A Gizmo stuffed animal doll (Gremlins)

2 different versions of the Batmobile (from the 90's)

Legos from my childhood
(Rob and I had tons of Legos!)
Various action figures from Ryan's childhood
(TMNT, Batman, X-Men, The Tick, etc.)
My Fisher-Price teddy bear picnic basket from the 1970's
and Ryan's 90's Koosh balls and Dot Warner figure
We also have a number of new toys that were originally popular when I was a kid; like My Little Ponies, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Star Wars figures.  And a number of new "classics" like Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head, Hot Wheels cars, and more.  Everything old is new again.


No comments:

Post a Comment