Monday, August 13, 2012

"My place in the world"

We did this project today to help D understand the difference between a city, a  state, a country, and a continent.

My mom found this activity for us on another website called "Kid World Citizen".

There are 6 layers of specificity:
My Home
My City
My State
My Country
My Continent
My Planet
We drew pictures of our homes and cut out maps of our city.  Online we printed out images of our state, country, continent, and planet.

Then we glued it all together and labeled the pages.  We also wrote the answers on the back of each page.

D still has a bit of trouble with the difference between what is a country and what is a continent, but I think this project will help her understand it better.

1 comment:

  1. I love how yours turned out! :) Thanks for linking up:). (Becky from kidworldcitizen.org)

    ReplyDelete