Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Dollhouse


 With three kids, all under the age of 3, starting this week, I decided I  needed to get some more toys appropriate for their ages.  I chose this Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse because it is rugged but still has plenty of detail.

It was a big hit with the kids.  Even D (7 yrs old) likes it.  When she plays with it, the Fisher-Price people are from "Little Land" and they visit the Barbies who live in "Barbie Land" or the Barbies visit them.

When L (3 yrs old) plays with it, he moves all the people out and instead the dogs and cats and the baby hamster live in the dollhouse.  You can see in this picture, they all sleep in the same bed.  The dogs also drive around in the mini van.  And sometimes the frog family comes to visit.

When V (2 yrs old) plays with it, she likes to make people and animals enter through the front door.  She also likes to have them take baths in the bathtub and often someone needs to be potty trained.  I told her that the little blond girl looks like her and so now we call that doll "Little V".

S (1 yr old) doesn't get to play with the dollhouse much because the other kids are constantly using it.  But when they are occupied with other things I've sat with her and the dollhouse and I point to furniture and objects and name them for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment