Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hawthorn Glen Park

Today we walked all the way to Hawthorn Glen Park, which is a little over a mile away.  It was worth the effort though, because the kids had a great time!

On the way there, we talked and I pointed out different things as we passed by them.  We went under a few overpasses.  We saw a monarch butterfly and a little yellow butterfly.  We saw our mailman, a forklift, big trucks, a loud motorcycle, and a person on a bicycle too.

There are 2 big kid playgrounds at Hawthorn Glen, but the little kids did pretty well on them.  V always waited at the top of the slides for me to go down with her.  And L would call me if he needed help while climbing on anything.


V's favorite thing was the tire swing.  The whole time she kept smiling and saying, "I'm on the tire swing!  Wheeeeee!"

L invented a pretend game where he and V were little monkeys and I was a big hungry bear that wanted to eat monkeys.  When I caught him and gobbled him up, then he changed into being a hungry baby bear.  V made it known that she preferred to remain a little monkey.

I tried to entice them into taking a walk on one of the nature trails, but they were set on staying at the playgrounds.  There were a lot of dragonflies buzzing about, but the kids just weren't interested.  Maybe we'll try again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment