Thursday, September 6, 2012

This week...

It's been a bit of an adjustment for me going from a school-age child mindset to toddlers.  Art projects, aren't so much projects as they are sensory experiences.  Painting is about what the paint feels like between their fingers and about how various colors blend together.  Play-doh is about how it squishes in their hands.  L is more interested in sorting crayons than coloring with them.
This week was much better than last week.  There was only one bad day, which looking back, was totally because I tried to delay a nap.  I should have known that when someone needs a nap, they need to nap right then - even if it means that they will be woken in the middle of it by people arriving at the door.

These are some of the books we read this week.  Many of these were read multiple times.  There was one day where I was asked to read "Can I Just Take A Nap?" about 10 times before I finally hid the book.  I also read "At The Zoo" and "Ernie's Cheerful Smile" at least 4 times each. "Shark VS. Train" was also read more than once.

I've been letting the kids pick the books, for the most part.  We're still getting to know and be comfortable with each other, but soon I'll start creating weekly lesson plans for them with books to accompany each week's theme.  And of course I'll continue to read the books they choose too.

No comments:

Post a Comment